Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Linux Fever (SVN server on Fedora 7)

I had configured the svn server at office. and even found how to configure the client to access the server and commit and update changes and stuff. But what was worse was, i was asked to redo it again, but this time with linux as the OS. This was never going to be a challenge coz subversion comes preinstalled in linux, and so it was gonna be a lazy bums work. So i thought.

Yesterday i installed Fedora 7 on the system. It was a nightmare as usual. Whenever i install linux anywhere outside my sys it fails, but being the never say die guy. i set out on a mission to complete the job by the end of the day. I tried installing Ubuntu 7.04 it gave me a buffer error at fd0. i couldn´t make anything. so what i did was again start with my favourite Fedora and this time, i got things correct and installed it.

And there was subversion

Then when i checked for the presence of svn, it was there in /usr/bin. I was a bit disappointed. coz everything was there. svn and apache. now just redo the config in apache that i did in windows will do the trick.( i thought so). i configured everything as i did in windows. Then the challange sprung up to my surprise.

I was accessing the svn via http with firefox and i was asked to authenticate (the usual thing). but even with correct username and password with which i had configured, i was given a you are not authorized to access this (403 forbidden) error..
I am yet to solve this problem. as soon as i solve this i will come up with update post.

No comments:

Post a Comment