Search This Blog

Friday, November 13, 2009

Reg: Transport arranged for me on Wednesday night.

Dear xxxxxxxx,

Thanks for the Transportation which was arranged for me on Wednesday[11-11-2009] night. It was a comfortable journey home that i couldn't feel my right hand when i was sleeping.

I just had to walk slightly more than one KM before i could hire a auto, in which i had to share the driver seat with one another person other than the driver. And then i had to walk another half hour to home. It was a wonderful walk which i am having after a long time after college. Thanks for creating this wonderful opportunity for me to enjoy the midnight walk.

I came to know that you and a few other people were too worried that i didn't report to work in the morning and again were also worried that i did not call up even after evening to inform that i will not be coming to office. I woke up only by 3 in the evening, and Since i hadn't eaten for around more than 24 hours, i collapsed on the kitchen floor and slept on for another 2 hours before my mom came and woke me. Sorry i didn't inform you any time sooner that this.

It is heart warming to know that there are people who care about me even though i am a tiny little footnote on your epic organization. I don't know what i can do to repay the kindness and love that is being showered on me.

Regards
Anbarasan

PS: I know. I know, I am Guilty unless and until proven otherwise. You will have too many questions. Some of which i have tried to guess and answer below.

1. What happened?

I was asked to transfer the database from development machine to the staging machine and then recreate the setup over there, and start Fire Rules, inform and leave. Mr.xxxx got in touch with Miss/Mrs yyyyy and got permission for me to stay till later hours for that day. And Mr.zzzz gave me the number of travels and asked to call them to book a cab.

I was not able to determine the amount of time it would take to finish the job. So i did not book the cab in the evening itself. By 2130 hours i had a hunch that i should be able to finish the transfer by around 2330 hours and if i could push the machines to their top i could get the extraction and restoration and starting the process, finished by around 0030 hours and leave.

So i called up travels at around 2145 hours. They informed at around 2200 hours that all their drivers have gone, and asked me to contact another travels. So i called back to Mr.xxxx, who gave me the number of Mr.zzzz and asked me to contact him. Mr.zzzz was a bit slightly angry (i couldn't find a suitable word other than this. please bear with me for my poor english knowledge) with me for not booking the cab by 1930 hours itself. He asked me to contact the security in the reception and get some numbers and book a cab.

The guys at the reception were really helpful. I have to say this. coz when the power went out in the socket at around 2100 hours they got the electrician to fix it. and they got the guys to light up the place, when the person had switched off the lights when i had gone to the restroom. They looked around and got me two phone numbers, in both there was no answer.

It was 2230 hours by then, i decided it would be hopeless to worry about these things or to disturb you people so late, so i decided to work on the user manual which i had planned to do the next day. and finish the work and go home on my own.

2. Why didn't you inform us?

I was asked to call the travels and arrange it myself. What is the point in complaining, when i had failed to book the cab at 1930 hours itself....

3. Why didn't you book the cab by 1930 hours in the evening itself?

Like i said i was not able to estimate the time required for me to finish the work. So i delayed the booking of the cab.

4. Why weren't you able to estimate the time required?

The network was too fast, the machine was too responsive and i was incompetent to make the judgement...

------------------------------------------------------

Ok, Before any of you could start ranting on the comments, I am writing this here, because i did not want to write to them. I just want to rant somewhere, so i am writing it here. Nothing is gonna change because i am going to complain. I have been here quiet sometime to know that.

2 comments:

  1. Hi da,

    I see a very good explanation for your absence. I too had the kind of experience during my work at same company. But i was used to that.

    But your cab sequence is a complete collapse. I hope you got a nice experience out of this.

    Overall I feel pity for you .Take Care

    ReplyDelete