Search This Blog

Sunday, September 03, 2006

The last 5 months

Ok. i forgot you. no i didn't actually. i wasn't in a position to access you. That is why i didn't write here. BUt i shouldn;t have forgot to say to you before i started on the journey. K i'll elaborate u what happened in that time.

I got a new job, the one i had dreamed of, to be an Engineer. Now i became a Enigneer. it was on April 10th. i had to leave to delhi to join. My training would be there and then i would be posted somewhere in UP like either in Agra, Lucknow or Kanpur. Cool.

I joined in Delhi office on April 19th. The job was really cool. Maintanence Engineer. My job was actually to perform maintanence on the gas compression packages, which compressed Natural Gas. The Packages i worked on are make of Dresser Rand Inc USA. Then i found out, that my company had the complete contract on the Dresser Rand Compression Systems in INdia. and Dresser Rand held 80% of Indian market. So now i can get anywhere in India. May be in future.

it was reallly a nice job. but the uneartly hours of work just tierd me. there was no fixed office timings. if you get a call you need to attend to the job whereever it would be even in the other corner of the state. That was thrilling. HOw to get to the other end of city within half hour at midnight. try it. then ya'll know.

After a 2 month stint in delhi i was posted as complete Kanpur instrumentation incharge on June 24th. I took up charge there on 26th June. i have to say somethings about Kanpur. It is the dirtiest city of INdia and 6th dirtiest in the world. That was what i was briefed abt the city. i liked this city beter than Delhi. it was something similar to chennai without the dirty things around. It was like, even i couldn't believe myself, the way i worked with the completely organised mess which i was famous for. After i came back to chennai my Supervisor was unable to make heads and tails out of my notes and was driven to despair when faced with problems and questions on the report i sent on his behalf. Man he must have gone really mad.

Now why did i come back to chennai, you may be thinking. Nothing, i just broke my left leg ankle on July 18th. and the doctors said that i have to be operated for that. Operated for a fracture, this has to be crazy, i thouhgt. So i just left the place in a better shambles than it was when i took charge and took leave and came down to delhi bby shatabdi and then to chennai from there via flight.

I was admitted in MIOT hospitals on June 26th and Operated on June 28th with a Steel plate fixed on the tibia with 4 screws. now i'm resting in my house. still unable to walk. Now my Manager calls up some 2 days back and says come quickly we need you in kanpur. your superior has gone mad and the US heads have asked to put me there as incharge and supervisor.

Now i'm sitting ducks in my house in chennai. so don't worry bro i'll make it there within this month end, but everything depends on doctor's decision this saturday.
That is what happened in the last 5 months. sorry fo r not saying all these things then and there.

No comments:

Post a Comment