Search This Blog

Saturday, February 10, 2007

Knoppix

Kewl, that is what i can say abt the new Knoppix 5.0.1
man, knoppix also rocks as far as everything goes. i mean for real beginners, it is the most easiest that ubuntu may also come close to it imho that is. Well I use KDE on it. well xmms is there by default, kafiene runs movies by default. open office is there, also is firefox which is the default browser. it is light, fast, easy. Man it is great. I don't know but am loving it, this knoppix. I don't know, i have booted into fedora only once or so after i installed knoppix, and that too only to test weather i am able to boot into it, coz there was a problem with the fstab file coz of knoppix installation, but everything is fine, seems am getting a good hold of linux now. seems i can solve some problems and also help others to solve their problems. now seems i can handle the debian system to along with rpm systems. Great man. Some day, some day am gonna build a Web Server and Mail Server with the hardware that i could lay my hands on and Linux.

LINUX ROCX

1 comment:

  1. I like Knoppix as a Live CD (great for rescue purposes), but for installing to my hard drive, I prefer Ubuntu. The Knoppix docs even recommend against installing Knoppix on your hard drive.

    I've got plenty of tips on Linux and Ubuntu on my site and I also have another Linux-related site called http://tuxinarow.com

    -Marc
    http://marc.abramowitz.info

    ReplyDelete